Last week Grams at Talk to Grams tagged me with the Five Things I DIG About Jesus meme. I decided to use this meme for my Thankful Thursday. So, I am writing about five reasons I am thankful for Jesus and why I DIG Him.
1. He died for me so that I can live forever- (John 3:16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
2. When I am concerned about something I know I can turn to Him- (I Peter 5:7) Casting all your care upon him: for he careth for you.
3. No matter what is going on in my life, I can feel at peace- (John 14:27) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
4. He loves me- (1 John 4:10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
5. Jesus loves kids- (Matthew 19:13-14) Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
Now I'm supposed to tag 5 people to list 5 things they DIG about Jesus. But, I'm not going to- instead- if you're reading this- TAG, you're it! Come back and let me know when you've posted your 5 things so I can come read them.
For more Thankful Thursday visit Sting My Heart.