You know how you're always trying to change my diaper? Well, I don't like it. That's why I scream and try to get off of the changing table every time you try to change me. To answer your question- yes, I would be perfectly happy to wear the same wet diaper all day long. And the clothes you put on me- no thanks- I like being naked.
And also- that table food you keep trying to give me? There's a reason I keep throwing it on the floor. I don't want it. You can go ahead and put that table food right on the floor for Dottie, it'll save me the work. I'll stick with the baby food. Well, except for the cheese- keep that coming. And, really if you want to just go ahead and feed me cheese all day long, that would be even better.
Another thing- what's with all the face and hand washing? I mean every time I finish eating you come at me with that wet paper towel and try to clean my face and hands. Don't you hear me scream when you do that? Just leave the mess there until bath time. Then you can do all the washing you want while I do all the splashing I want.
I think things will go much smoother now that you understand where I am coming from.
Friday, September 28, 2007
I was tagged by ZAM to do this meme so that everyone can see what the desktop of my computer looks like.
 Going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key).
 Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V).
 If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.
So, now who shall I tag? How about you? If you're reading this- you're it! Let me know when you do it so I can come by to see.
Thursday, September 27, 2007
1. I am thankful for our vacation we took to Disney World. We had a wonderful time and I am thankful that we were able to go. I am not thankful for the bill I paid this week for our trip- but I am thankful that we were able to pay the bill.
2. I am thankful that fall is here. Fall is most definitely my favorite time of year. I love the weather and that cool crisp feel that is in the air. I put out my fall decorations last weekend and some fall scented candles and it just feels like fall now. (Even though it is still hot.)
3. I am thankful for Rich. He celebrated his 33rd birthday last week and I am just reminded of how much he does for us. He works hard so that I can stay home with Hailey. He is a great dad and I love watching him with his girls.
4. I am thankful for the MOPS group that I have joined. Last week was our first meeting and it was wonderful to be able to sit and talk for a couple of hours. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that. I had a great time and I am looking forward to our next meeting. (I am also thankful for my friend JenLo who told me about MOPS)
5. I am thankful that I am finally feeling better. I was sick all of last week and just yesterday I started to really feel better.
6. I am thankful that I know we can count on each other to pray for the needs of our fellow bloggers. Over these last few days many bloggers have been checking in with the Farley family. They had a precious one week old baby girl, Copeland who suffered from Trisomy-18. Copeland went home to be with Jesus on Wednesday evening. We can rejoice in the knowledge that she is no longer suffering. But my heart breaks for her family. If you haven't already, stop by their blog to let them know you are praying.
Lynn is hosting Thankful Thursday this week, so stop by her blog to see more participants.
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
And so begins a new challenge. Actually it started last week, but I was too sick to care about losing weight last week. Well, that's not true- I always care about losing weight. I was too sick to care about eating healthy and doing exercise is actually the truth.
I participated in the May Day Weight Loss Challenge and did not have much success. Truth be told- I gained 3 pounds. There were some weeks where I tried really hard and had some good results. But, most of the time I was too busy worrying about eating my Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip cookies to be really serious about losing weight.
One of the mistakes I think I made was that I was trying to lose weight for the wrong reasons. First I wanted to reach my goal weight before my brother's wedding. Then I was hoping to lose all the weight before my cousin's wedding. Then I thought- if I could just lose this weight before we go on vacation I will be skinny in our pictures. Each time I would realize that it just wasn't possible to reach my goal by the time the event would be here. Then I would give up. So, this time- I am going to lose this weight so that I will be healthy. Not so that I can be skinny and look better for special occasions. Although that will be nice too, it is not my main reason for trying to lose weight.
So, my goal is to lose 25 pounds. If I want to reach my pre-pregnancy weight I will have to lose 30 pounds. But, for now that sounds too overwhelming to me. So, my goal is to lose 25 pounds.
In order to reach my goal I am going to start walking everyday again. I will do it at least 5 days a week. I am going to work on keeping myself busy so that I am not tempted to snack every time I feel the slightest bit bored. I will also drink more water.
I am going to add a weight loss ticker to my side bar to track my losses. (I used to keep it hidden at the bottom of my blog, hoping no one would notice it) I'm also going to add a little reward box on my side bar with the rewards I plan to give myself for each 5 pounds that I lose. These will both be for my benefit and to help me stay motivated- but you are welcome to look too.
See you next week for my first weigh-in! Check out the other participants (or join yourself!) at Tales from the Scales.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
I'm still playing catch up on the memes I have been tagged to do. About 50 years ago I was tagged by JennieBoo to do the middle name meme. Then while I was on vacation I was tagged again for this meme by Pam.
So here goes...
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My middle name is Louise. This is my mom's middle name too and was my grandmother's name as well.
L- I Love my family.
O- I enjoy visiting the Ocean.
U- I always wear clean Underwear. You know- just in case I'm in an accident and the people in the emergency room will be checking to see if my underwear is acceptable, of course. (Aren't you proud of me, mom?)
I- Ice cream is one of my favorite foods.
S- I can be very Silly when I am with certain people.
E- I have my degree to teach Elementary school.
I'm not going to tag anyone. Yes, I am breaking rule #4; I'm such a rebel. But, please do feel free to play along- and let me know if you do so I can read yours.
And since I'm playing catch up on my memes, here's another one. Many moons ago Dawnae at Nifty Nicholson News tagged me with the Resurrecting Old Posts meme.
So, here goes:
1. This first post must be an old post about your family- This shouldn't be too hard since that's pretty much all I ever blog about. I couldn't figure out which on to pick, so I decided to just go with the oldest one I have. This is a post of pictures from Christmas 2006.
2. This post should be about your friends- Friends? Sadly I don't really have any posts about my friends. Most of my friends live inside my computer. I was able to find this post- a High School Meme where I mentioned my best friend from high school. I really must get out more.
3. This post must be about yourself- I decided to pick my post from the first time I was ever tagged. I was tagged to do a post of 7 Random Things About Me- so it's all about me.
4. This link is about something you love- And since it says something I love I can not talk about the people I love. So, I picked this Fun Monday post where I discuss my love for Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip cookies.
And now I am supposed to tag five people, but I just don't want to. So, if you want to play along- please let me know so that I can read yours.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Friday, September 21, 2007
Last week I was given this award by Grams at Talk to Grams and by Sharon at Sit With Me A While.
This is what the person who created this award says about it- the thing that I love most about blogging is that I learn so much about a person just by reading their blog. I have met MANY wonderful people with wonderful stories to tell, and I am grateful every day for each person that I have the pleasure of crossing paths in life with. I wanted to create something special for the top ten people who have inspired me through their blogging; the stories they tell, and the lives that they lead with grace and dignity. I visit their blogs for inspiration and encouragement. Although there are MANY people I want to give this award to at this very moment, I am going to choose ten bloggers: Please grab your badge and wear it(with a smile) proudly, and pass it on because you inspire and encourage me, thank you. So, now it is my turn to pass it on.
Thank you Grams and Sharon! You both make me smile too.
And so now I get to pass this award on to 10 people (in alphabetical order).
1. Carrie's Crafty Cottage
2. Common Mom
3. La Bellina Mammina
4. Mindless Chatter of a Busy Mom
5. My 4 Kids
6. My Spot Of Blog
7. Notes from the Laundry Pile
8. O So Mo Love
9. Queen of a Disney Castle
10. Random Thoughts
All of you ladies make me smile every day! Enjoy your award.
Posted by Melanie at 11:30 AM
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
On our seventh day of vacation (sixth day at Disney) we decided to do a bit of relaxing. We started out with a nice big breakfast at our hotel. We relaxed in our room for a while and let Hailey take a morning nap.
After our nap we headed over to MGM.
We had dinner at the 50's Prime Time Cafe where all of the waitresses dressed and acted like they were your mother. When we were seated the waitress gave us our napkins and silverware and told us that we were expected to set the table. Rich got in trouble several times during dinner for putting his elbows on the table. "Mom" also had to speak to Rich about wearing his hat in "the house." (And for those of you who know Rich you know he always wears his hat. Well, except to work and church, of course.) Rich also tried to hide his vegetables under his napkin so that he would not have to eat them. "Mom" did not fall for this and once again, Rich was in trouble.
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Monday, September 17, 2007
Hailey looked at Goliath for a minute and then started to cry.
Hailey was a little concerned about JoJo as well.
She watched her for a minute and then started to cry.
We stopped to pose for a picture soon after we arrived at Animal Kingdom.
This is a picture of the Expedition Everest ride- a roller coaster that Rich and I both went on. Disney has a thing called Rider Switch for people with young children. One person gets to go on the ride and the other person gets a pass to skip the line after the first person is done with the ride. This way we were both able to enjoy the rides that Hailey could not go on without waiting in line twice. Anywho- I loved Expedition Everest- Rich did not.
Hailey patting Eeyore on the nose.
Hailey reaching for Piglet's nose.
We are meeting Mickey Mouse. Hailey grabbed right a hold of his nose and would not let go.
Still biting and hanging on. I know for sure this was a bite and not a kiss because I had to pull her off of him and I could tell her little teeth were sinking into his nose.
Surprising we were not asked to leave the park after Hailey's attack on Mickey (and possibly Tigger) and we continued to enjoy the rest of the evening at Magic Kingdom. I have just a few more pictures left to share with you. So, be sure to come back to see those. If you missed my previous vacation posts you can scroll down a little to see those or click here and here.
Friday, September 14, 2007
On our third day of vacation (our second day at Disney World) we slept in a bit in the morning and then headed off to Animal Kingdom. We had planned to get there nice and early because we had been advised that the animals usually start to hide from the sun mid-morning which makes it difficult to see them. But, Hailey actually slept in that morning and we were not about to wake her up since she is not a very good sleeper.
The Tree of Life
Hailey and Sleeping Beauty
We had planned to head over to MGM for the night as they had extended hours for Disney resort guests. But, we were much too tired, so we went back to the hotel to get some sleep.