Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday #5


1. I am thankful for our vacation we took to Disney World. We had a wonderful time and I am thankful that we were able to go. I am not thankful for the bill I paid this week for our trip- but I am thankful that we were able to pay the bill.
2. I am thankful that fall is here. Fall is most definitely my favorite time of year. I love the weather and that cool crisp feel that is in the air. I put out my fall decorations last weekend and some fall scented candles and it just feels like fall now. (Even though it is still hot.)
3. I am thankful for Rich. He celebrated his 33rd birthday last week and I am just reminded of how much he does for us. He works hard so that I can stay home with Hailey. He is a great dad and I love watching him with his girls.
4. I am thankful for the MOPS group that I have joined. Last week was our first meeting and it was wonderful to be able to sit and talk for a couple of hours. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that. I had a great time and I am looking forward to our next meeting. (I am also thankful for my friend JenLo who told me about MOPS)
5. I am thankful that I am finally feeling better. I was sick all of last week and just yesterday I started to really feel better.
6. I am thankful that I know we can count on each other to pray for the needs of our fellow bloggers. Over these last few days many bloggers have been checking in with the Farley family. They had a precious one week old baby girl, Copeland who suffered from Trisomy-18. Copeland went home to be with Jesus on Wednesday evening. We can rejoice in the knowledge that she is no longer suffering. But my heart breaks for her family. If you haven't already, stop by their blog to let them know you are praying.

Lynn is hosting Thankful Thursday this week, so stop by her blog to see more participants.



13 comments:

Melissa said...

Definitely 6 reasons to be happy! Glad you are feeling better!

ZAM said...

I'm glad you're feeling better now. It's always hard to be ill when we have a family to take care of [that's the way I look at it :D]

You're blessed with a loving husband. Stay in love ans stay happy Melanie.

GOD bless.

Talk..to..Grams said...

You have a great Thankful list this week!! I just love your sense of humor! nothing to do with the Thankful list just wanted to tell you that! It comes through in your writings all the time and I sometimes lol while reading your post and comments!! Love and Hugs Grams

Anonymous said...

It's great to be thankful. Blessings on you and yours...

Denise said...

I am glad you are feeling better, bless you.

Joyful Days said...

What a beautiful post. It is always wonderful to hear others sharing their joy.

Blessings.

Heather said...

First of all, Disney is worth it, isn't it? Second of all, I'm so grateful for the community of bloggers rallying around others in prayer and support.

Pam said...

I'm glad you are feeling better! What a great list of thankful things!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your blessings! Fall is my fave season too.

Anonymous said...

Melanie,

This is a great post. I am right there with you, Fall is my favorite season. I see our Lord in the colors, aromas, the harvest... even the large spiders in webs around my home, *grin*.

Neat post. Thank you for joining in and praising our King. Love and hugs, Lynn

MommaBoo said...

You are so sweet.

I love you so much and am thankful for YOU!

tammi said...

And I'm thankful for wonderful people like you, who, though new to my blog, still took the time to leave some kind, encouraging words. They were greatly appreciated.

Andrea said...

There really is a LOT to be thankful for...sometimes we just forget about it!! So, thanks for reminding me to be thankful!! :)