Friday, December 7, 2007

14 Months Old

I can't believe that another month has passed and Hailey is already 14 months old. Time sure does fly by. So, once again it's time for our monthly update.

First a quick update on Hailey's newest words and signs. You can go here if you'd like to see the words and signs Hailey was using at 13 months.




During the past month Hailey has added these words to her vocabulary:
mum mum (yum yum)
wow
woe
sit
no, no (she says this to Dottie)
Ssssshhhhhhhhhhhh (she also says this to Dottie)
hi (everywhere we go she waves and says "hi" to everyone)
aaa daaa (all done)
hot
hat

And these are the signs she has learned in the last month:
turkey
play
phone
hat

Hailey picks up very quickly on the signs, if only I could remember to use them more often with her she would know so many more.

Hailey has also figured out how to whisper in the last month. She prefers to screech and scream, but when I ask her to find her whispering voice she smiles and whispers for a few minutes seconds then goes back to the screaming.

Today we were supposed to go to our local children's museum with one of our mommy groups. We I had really been looking forward to it. But, Hailey has had a cold for the last couple of days and last night she was up a lot coughing so I decided that we had better stay home. (If only all of the moms kept their sick kids home then Hailey wouldn't be getting sick so often. But that is another post for another day.)

Anyhoo, I had planned to take pictures at the museum to share with you- but since we stayed home I am sharing some pictures from home instead.
Hailey loves her Dora car that she got for her birthday. She has just recently figured out how to use her feet to make it go. She goes backwards, but she is proud to be moving the car all by herself.





Every week I pick a theme and then I plan activities around our theme. This week our theme was hats and mittens. So, we've been playing with lots of hats and mittens and putting them on the stuffed animals. Here Hailey is showing off her Virginia Tech hat.


Up until a couple of weeks ago Hailey didn't have much interest in dolls. Just recently she decided that she just loves the doll in this picture with her. She carries it all around and brings it to the table with her. She always gives her doll some of her food and drink too.




Right around the time that Hailey became attached to her doll she also decided that she must sleep with this teddy bear.

(The pajamas she has on in this picture- they belonged to my 22 year old brother when he was a baby.)

Another new thing in this last month? Hailey has discovered the toilet paper. Such fun!












I know that I usually take the weekends off from blogging, but I'll probably be around a bit this weekend trying to get in a few more ads. I won't feel bad if you don't stop by though- so have a wonderful weekend!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

she sure is a cutie patootie!! My son likes to takes huge bites out of the toilet paper roll. YUCK!!

Pam said...

She is a cutie! She is so adorable and precious. I LOVE these pictures. She is growing up so quickly. Hard to believe she is 14 months old already. Wow! Thanks for sharing....I remember the toilet paper days! I'll be swinging by this weekend - I'll be trying to get some PPP posts up myself to help with those after Christmas bills!

Kellan said...

She is so adorable - I love the sleeping photo and the toilet paper and the little doll baby she loves. And, one of her words, WOW - that's a great word!! Happy 14 months to you sweet baby girl! Take care and have a great weekend. Kellan

Sharon Brumfield said...

I haven't noticed the comment thing yet. So you are doing the adds. I saw some stuff up around the top of your blog. I hope this works out for you.I will be looking at something a little later.
Loved spending the day with you girls. I could use one of those naps about now. Guess it is time to go to bed.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. She is growing up sooo fast! I'm sure it "seems" like just yesterday that her 22 year old uncle was wearing those pj's.

ZAM said...

H is fast becoming a beautiful lady! ;D Enjoy her moments of exploration. Now the tissue pic reminds me of this afternoon's tissue moment with Matt! Hehehe.

I think it's great that she's able to use her uncle's PJs. Hand-me-downs are such a treat. Some os Matt's clothes are from his 3 cousins who hand down clothes to him.

Re favorite stuff toys, Matt is so fond of a Winnie The Pooh version which he calls Bobby. It's one of his bedtime buddies. Does H also make a roll call of her doll/bear before going to sleep? Matt does. :D

VERB

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

They grow up so fast, don't they? Cute pictures! What a sweetie!

ZAM said...

Again, I found out that I can only make a direct link to blogs which installed OpenID support. If there's none, it's still best to leave a direct link to one's page like what I'm doing now. ;D

VERB

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

You ve been tagged by me. Check my blog for details :)

Anonymous said...

Hailey is so adorable! I loved the 'sleeping' photo ;) Thanks for dropping by, have a great weekend.

http://mlizcochico.com

tammi said...

Okay, I'll confess I quit comprehending anything I was reading after you said you pick a weekly theme and plan activities for Hailey around it. WHAT?! You are one together mom!!

Isn't all the sickness from school/playgroups delightful? We had a rough year last year when my oldest was in preschool (including 2 bouts of nasty stomach flu 5 weeks apart -- one right over Christmas!!) and it was always her getting sick first, so we knew she was bringing it home. Amazingly, this year she and I have had the sniffles only once and that's it. I can't believe she's been in Kindergarten for almost 4 months and we've basically not been sick. I should probably not say anything, because now I've probably jinxed myself...

Shalini Gowrisankar said...

Hailey is such a cutie :) . Looks like she should be keeping you on your feet with Hailey getting naughty day by day :) Have fun! A great weekend to you too!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Hailey is so adorable and growing up so quickly! It's hard to believe they grow up so fast especially with Anika being so little right now. Anika can't wait until she gets to meet and play with Hailey!

Talk..to..Grams said...

Hailey looks adorable holding her dolly!These are cute pictures!! IF you were doing photo hunt you could use the toliet paper roll as Long!! the theme this week! Love and Hugs Grams

Mary said...

Hailey is a beauty. I love the photo of her sleeping. So peaceful.

Thanks for sharing Hailey with me. I love children and she brightened my day.

Blessings,
Mary

Unknown said...

Melanie, she's just fabulous! I love the one with the dollie -- reminds me of one I had when I was that age and the TP! haha LOL

p.s. tag, you're it...come by and grab the rules ;)

Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Thats a lovely post :) Hi 2 Hailey! I loved all the pics ... Will drop soon to read the rest of the posts..

my4kids said...

She is so cute. I love sleeping baby pics by the way!
She really is learning a lot of signs! That is awesome!

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

Hailey is mighty cute and so clever. I need to practice my signing more too.
Love the toilet paper trail my twins have tried but only got a little unrolled.
There is nothing cuter than a sleeping beauty.

Pam said...

Ashlyn just saw Hailey's picture when I went to check on your blog....she said - Mommy, is that me? (hailey does look like Ashlyn did at that age!) I said, no, that is Hailey. Ashlyn replies, why does she have my shirt? I guess in her mind no one else can have the same shirt! too funny!

A. Elizabeth Ash said...

Hey so cute!! I have been meaning to ask how she is sleeping. I have some thoughts if she isn't still but I know that getting advice is much harder than it seems. Especially when it has to do with our little ones!!
Love Ash

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Melanie, she is SO ADORABLE! I especially adore the shot of her and the TP and her feeding her dolly. SO CUTE.

My son is 15 months old, so it was so fun to read her update.