Friday, December 14, 2007

Random Recipe Exchange

It's the day we have been waiting for! I know I have been excited about the Random Recipe exchange. To see the recipes of everyone who is participating- click on this picture:
The recipe I picked is one that my mom shared with me a few years ago. If you like Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies- you will LOVE this recipe. The best part is- it is the easiest recipe ever. Really- it is. But, people will not know how easy it was for you to make it, unless of course you give them the recipe.

So, without further ado, here is my recipe:

Peppermint Bark

2 (1 lb) White Chocolate Mint bags
1 1/2 rows of Oreo cookies.

(And that is all the ingredients!)

Now, put the chocolate in the microwave:
Microwave for 1 minute, then stir
Microwave for 1 minute, then stir
Microwave for 1 minute, then stir (or, if your microwave is like mine- you may not need to do a full minute for this last one)

While the chocolate is melting- break up Oreos into little pieces.

Once the chocolate is melted- put the broken Oreos into the chocolate and mix quickly.

Spread onto a cookie sheet and put in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.

Take out of freezer and break into small pieces.

Now- since this is such a difficult recipe- I made it and took pictures so that you could have a better understanding of what to do!
First we have the ingredients- it's a lot, I know. If you have a husband or children you might want to do like I did and put a little sticky note on the Oreos that says, "Please do not eat 1 1/2 rows."
Now, here is the first step. Put your 2 (1 pound) bags of White Chocolate Mint candies into a microwave safe bowl. Put into the microwave for 1 minute.
Next, if you are like me and you do not like the feel of smushed Oreo cookies on your hands- put 1 1/2 rows of Oreo cookies into a Ziploc bag.
Take your chocolate out of the microwave and stir it. Then put it back in for 1 more minute.
While the chocolate is melting- crush up the Oreos that are in the Ziploc bag.

Now, take the chocolate out of the microwave and stir it again. Since it was almost melted I only put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds, rather than the full minute.
Now that the chocolate is completely melted give it one more good stir.
Then dump the crushed Oreos into the bowl.
And, stir it all together. Do this quickly so that chocolate does not start to get hard.
Now, spread it onto a cookie sheet. It won't run so you do not have to use a cookie sheet that has sides on it. I did just because this is my best cookie sheet and I did not want you all to see the condition of my other cookie sheets. (Let's just say they are well used.)

Now put the cookie sheet into the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Or, if you're like me- forget all about for at least an hour. It won't matter- it still turns out just fine.

Finally- you can use a knife or your hands to break apart the chocolate. I prefer to use my hands.
Lastly, take a picture of the finished product while Rich decides to stick his hand in front of the camera because he thinks it's funny you are taking pictures of your recipe.
Ahhh- there- that is better. The lovely Peppermint Bark.

Now- don't forget- you will have 1 1/2 rows left over of your Oreo cookies. What you do with those cookies is up to you. But- I'll give you one guess as to what I do with mine.

So, now head on over to Pam's blog and check out the other participants!

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

That's a recipe I can work with! The pictures are very helpful--and tantalizing!

Talk..to..Grams said...

This looks soooo good! I love oreo cookies! Well, I just love cookies!! Hugs, Grams

KC said...

Yummy Yum Yum
I'm going to have to give this a try.
wanted to let you know my Christmas Hoopla you tagged me for is up and posted

maryt/theteach said...

I love chocolate bark and this adds a little extra something to it. :)

Visit my recipe at http://workofthepoet.blogspot.com

Kellan said...

Yep - this is my kind of recipe! I will be doing this one soon. I have recently been making the chocolate covered pretzels and I could definitely do this - looks yummy! Have a good weekend, Melanie.

Military Mom said...

oh wow, this looks sooo good! Thanks, I have to try this one!

Pam said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am not at 0 too on the PPP thing. I have NO opportunities available to me! I can't even do a little $5 thing. Arg! Do you think it will give us opportunities - even at 0? Think we will get pumped up again? I need to make more money than I did with this. I know you feel that way too!

Pam said...

I just realized that I left you a comment about your recipe earlier....or at least I thought I left you a message. Wonder where I left that comment?!? So....here goes try #2

Thanks!! Thanks for playing along- this looks SO yummy. My hubby will love this, I'm going to have to make it soon for him. I was hoping more people would play along, but at least we got a few new recipes!

Unknown said...

OOOH that looks sooo good!!! I'm going to have to try this!!

Liz said...

Wow Melanie it looks really good. Thanks for sharing this to us. I'm going to try it. Happy weekend!

tammi said...

Mmmmmm, that looks yummy -- and easy, which makes it a perfect recipe for me!! Dang, but I'm lazy.

ZAM said...

Hi Melanie. Looks easy enough and looks too good! But I'm sure it tasted good because of the Oreo.