Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun Monday

This weeks Fun Monday is being hosted by IT Guy. Here is the assignment he gave us:

"I need you to pick 5 memorable lines from 5 different movies (if you could tell us which character said it and to whom, would be a bonus)...and tell us to WHOM you could have said those lines. Just 5!"

Since I don't really watch very many movies or a whole lot of TV this was really hard for me. But, here's what I came up with:

1. “Go ahead, make my day.” (from Sudden Impact)- and this could be said to anyone who is about to do something that would annoy me or make me mad.
2. "I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up tomorrow with my head sewn to the carpet." (from Christmas Vacation)- I say this whenever something surprising happens.
3. "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." (from Ferris Bueller's Day Off)- This is what I've been saying to myself lately.
4. "I'll be back." (from The Terminator)- I say this when I leave the room and I'm going to be coming right back.
5. "You complete me." (from Jerry Maguire) -to Rich, of course.

Phew that was really hard for me! Go on and visit IT Guy to see more participants.

24 comments:

Pam said...

That was funny! maybe I will play along this week. Of course, I will probably just steal your answers!

Anonymous said...

I've had that "head sewn to the carpet" feeling many times. That is one of my all-time favorite movies. We watch it at least 3 times every holiday season.

Denise said...

This was fun.

Molly said...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." I had forgotten this wonderful pearl of wisdom. Good choices

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I think I need to borrow your #1...just in case...and I also posted your #5! ;) Beautiful lines...

Have a nice week!

Faye said...

Surprised to find my head sewn to the carpet? A new one that can certainly be used often--like every day. I like your unusual takes--I'll be back--literally means I'll be back in 5 minutes probably!

IamwhoIam said...

Some good pick there. It is kinda funny how thing can be summed up in just a few words.

Tarasview said...

tee hee... well done! I loved the movie Ferris Beuller's day off!

Unknown said...

Cool! Had fun reading them :-) Thanks for joining! Happy FM!

the planet of janet said...

good choices ;-)

JennV said...

Great Quotes! I'm having the Hardest time coming up with mine! makes me wish I was a "quoter"... Ack!

Hootin Anni said...

Love #3....love the movie. This is a great choice ....for today's times.

If you haven't stopped by my blog for the FUN MONDAY movie quotes I hope you can find time. I'd love to have you pay me a visit.

j said...

AAwww...You made it look easy! Great FM! Jen

Peter said...

Godd lines from good movies.

Sarge Charlie said...

"go ahead, you made my day" Happy Monday, thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

See Here or Here

Sayre said...

I need to say number three to myself more often!

Heather said...

I forgot about the You Complet Me line. That's a good one. Enjoyed seeing your choices.

Irish Coffeehouse said...

I totally love #2! I'm going to have to remember that one!

Thanks for sharing!

Sandy said...

Terrific job!

Jeanna said...

Good quote from Christmas Vacation, kind of an under rated silly little comedy.

Serina Hope said...

I love the Ferris Bueller quote. Good list.

Serina Hope said...

I love the Ferris Bueller quote. Good list.

Attie said...

Hi! what a good list!! Love the Christmas Vacation qoutes!!!
Iam late in visiting!! Too busy yesterday!!